I’m a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Substance Use Disorders Professional. I hold additional credentials as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Child Mental Health Specialist, Sexual Minority Mental Health Specialist, and Approved Clinical Supervisor.
A member of Mindful Therapy Group since 2017, I have offices in Tukwila and Mountlake Terrace — where I meet with teens and emerging adults addressing depression, trauma, co-occurring disorders, and other challenges.
Prior to entering private practice, I spent about fifteen years working at various agencies in the Seattle area — as a mental health therapist, substance abuse counselor, and clinical supervisor.
Much of that time was spent as a co-occurring disorders therapist for adolescents, which means I provided fully integrated mental health and substance abuse counseling.
However, I’ve also worked in residential programs, led wilderness therapy outings, provided counseling at a university mental health clinic, and more.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL PURSUITS
In addition to my clinical work, I’ve been facilitating well received professional development trainings since 2010 — at local agencies, through county and state sponsored events, for residential programs across North America, and with Cascadia Training right here in the Seattle area.
I’ve also presented over 100 times at international, national, and regional conferences — including multiple times at conferences of the American Counseling Association, the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and the Washington Behavioral Health Council.
Finally, I’ve written a few published articles. These include:
- Engaging Avoidant Teens: An Attachment Based Approach to Building Therapeutic Alliance, published in the May 2020 edition of Counseling Today
- Beyond the Stuckness: Teens, Trauma & Substance Use Disorders, published in the Summer 2019 edition of the American Mental Health Association’s Advocate Magazine
- Getting Unstuck: Fostering Change with Teens that Have Co-occurring Disorders, published in the April 2016 edition of Counseling Today
LICENSES & OTHER CREDENTIALS
My licenses and other credentials include:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (#LH60548722), State of Washington
- Substance Use Disorders Professional (#CP00006223), State of Washington
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Child Mental Health Specialist, State of Washington
- Sexual Minority Mental Health Specialist, State of Washington
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, State of Washington
My educational background includes:
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, City University of Seattle
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology, The Evergreen State College
- Certificate of Achievement in Chemical Dependency Counseling, Seattle Central College
- Post Graduate Certificate in Trauma-Informed Care and Counseling, University at Buffalo
I regularly participate in advanced continuing education and other professional trainings. This has included over 250 hours of advanced training in treating trauma and about 200 hours of training in LGBTQ-specific topics. A few notable trainings include:
- Attachment and Trauma, presented by the International Trauma Training Institute
- LGBT-Affirmative Psychotherapy, presented by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals, presented by PESI
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Foundational Training, presented by the Linehan Institute
- Clinical Applications of Mindfulness, presented by The Evergreen State College
- Annual Conferences of the American Counseling Association (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Annual Conferences of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (2019, 2020)
My professional memberships include the American Counseling Association, the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health.