I’m a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Substance Use Disorders Professional. I hold additional credentials as a Child Mental Health Specialist and Sexual Minority Mental Health Specialist.
A member of Mindful Therapy Group since 2017, I have offices in Tukwila and Mountlake Terrace — where I meet with adolescents and young adults addressing trauma, co-occurring disorders, depression, and other challenges.
Prior to entering private practice, I spent about fifteen years working at various agencies in the Seattle area — as a mental health therapist, substance abuse counselor, experiential educator, and clinical supervisor.
Much of that time was spent as a co-occurring disorders therapist for adolescents, which means I provided fully integrated mental health and substance abuse counseling.
However, I’ve also worked in residential programs, conducted trauma therapy with pre-teen boys, led adventure therapy outings, and provided counseling at a university mental health clinic.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL PURSUITS
In addition to my clinical work, I’ve been facilitating well received professional development trainings since 2010 — at local agencies, through county and state sponsored events, for residential programs across North America, and with Cascadia Training right here in the Seattle area.
I’ve also presented over 100 times at international, national, and regional conferences — including multiple times at conferences of the American Counseling Association, the American Mental Health Counselors Association, the Washington Behavioral Health Council, and the Association for Experiential Education.
Finally, I’ve written a few published articles. These include:
- Engaging Avoidant Teens: An Attachment Based Approach to Building Therapeutic Alliance, in press and scheduled to be published soon by Counseling Today
- Beyond the Stuckness: Teens, Trauma & Substance Use Disorders, published in the Fall 2019 edition of the American Mental Health Association’s Advocate Magazine
- Getting Unstuck: Fostering Change with Teens that Have Co-occurring Disorders, published in the April 2016 edition of Counseling Today
My educational background includes:
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, City University of Seattle
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology, The Evergreen State College
- Certificate in Chemical Dependency Counseling, Seattle Central Community College
LICENSES & OTHER CREDENTIALS
My licenses and other credentials include:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (#LH60548722), State of Washington
- Substance Use Disorders Professional (#CP00006223), State of Washington
- Child Mental Health Specialist, State of Washington
- Sexual Minority Mental Health Specialist, State of Washington
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, State of Washington
I regularly participate in advanced continuing education and other trainings, most notably:
- Trauma-Informed Care and Counseling, presented by the University at Buffalo
- LGBT-Affirmative Psychotherapy, presented by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Clinical Trauma Professional Intensive Training, presented by the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Foundational Training, presented by the Linehan Institute
- Clinical Applications of Mindfulness, presented by The Evergreen State College